Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Drill to Help Students Realize That They Won't be Protected

With the recent outbreak of tornados, our school decided to practice our tornado drill. I know I can’t be the only one, but our procedure is incredibly stupid.
My class had to stand in a hallway for our protection. Classes had to walk out of their safe rooms to a different hallway so different classrooms could be protected in that room. Many classes have to walk down a hallway that has glass windows covering an entire side of the hallway in order to stand in a hallway that has doors on each side, pretty much making it a wind tunnel.
I remember in middle school when the whole school just went down to the locker rooms. I understand that our locker rooms in high school aren’t big enough for everyone, but we need that underground and strongly supported area rather than a hallway. I just find it really annoying that the administration didn’t find a safer way for us to find protection during a tornado.

No comments:

Post a Comment