Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Non-Existent Snow Days

Top annoyance at the moment: non-existent snow days. Our superintendent (so I’ve heard) is from Minnesota. We have been getting a decent amount of snow lately, but not only that, we have also been receiving winds that reduce visibility. But our superintendent is used to that (considering he’s supposedly form Minnesota) so he doesn’t delay, cancel, or call off school early.
Today was acceptable considering its sunny now and the hardest part hit when we’d be heading to school on a two hour delay so it was probably best he didn’t really do anything. But our first major snow of the year was horrible because it blew everywhere and the plows didn’t come around until after 3.
I know the superintendent wants us to learn and everything but I miss snow days! I remember being a little kid and looking at the TV at a multitude of cancelled schools and seeing our school listed and my brother and I would be so happy. And then in middle school we’d be so relieved because we got to go back to sleep. But this year we haven’t gotten a single one, and it’s not looking like we will at all. One of the best parts about winter is hearing my door open and my dad coming in to say that school is closed. I won’t get that in college so I want to get it now!
If I was the super, I’d call it even if I knew we didn’t need it. Kids deserve to rest up and get excited about a snow day.
On the other hand though, I still really do love winter. Even if the snow doesn’t seem very beneficial for the snow day aspect of it, I still love snow. Driving in it is fun and seeing it on the ground in the morning makes me happy. I just wish that I could get up and see it, then be told to go back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment